Solomon Jacob Peters Family
Solomon Jacob Peters1,2,3,4,5
Birth:6 Jul 1870 Adamsburg, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania1
Death:9 Jul 1922 Penn, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania1
Burial:12 Jul 1922 Irwin, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania1
Occupation:Laborer @ mine car Factory1
Cause of death: internal Hemorrhage, gunshot wound Suicide1
Father:Daniel S Peters (1841-)
Mother:Martha Jane Creasap (1842-1918)
Sarah Jane Adams
Sarah Jane Adams2,6,4,5
Birth: 3 Nov 1871 Manor, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania7
Death: 10 Mar 1948 Penn, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania8,7
Burial: 13 Mar 1948 Irwin, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania7
Father: Benjamin Adams (1820-1899)
Mother: Sarah Kanose (1842-1902)
Marriage: 3 Jul 1890 Greensburg, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania
Sarah Jane (1895-1979)
Katie Ann (1898-1898)
Solomon Jacob (Twin) (1899-1945)
George W (Twin) (1899-1905)
Margaret Ann (1901-1984)
John Isaac (1907-1969)
Lydia Ann (1910-1960)
Josephine Eleanor (1912-1997)
Notes for Solomon Jacob Peters
The Peters Family originally had a farm located in Penn Boro. Solomon also worked in the mine. According to family tradiation he drove the team of horses and drove wagons of coal out of the mine.
In 1900 Solomon is living in the Shafton district of North Huntingdon he is a coal miner.
In 1910, Solomon was living on a farm that he rented along with his wife Sarah Jane and seven of their children.
In 1920, Solomon Peters and his family were living on North Railroad Street in Jeannette. He could not read or write and was working as a watchman in the coal mine. They was a mortgage on their house.
Medical notes for Solomon Jacob Peters
Solomon died of hemorrhage from a self inflicted gunshot wound. It remains very unclear if it was intentional or not.1
(see blog on Huntingdon's disease 23 Sept 2018)
1. “Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1963,” , Commonwealth Of Pennsylvania, 69838, Online, ancestry.com.
Solomon Jacob Peters
2. “1910 United States Federal Census,” Online Database, Roll: T624_1429; Page: 20B; Enumeration District: 0134; FHL microfilm: 1375442, Hempfield, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania, 2006, Ancestry.com.
3. “1920 United States Federal Census,” Online database, Roll: T625_1664; Page: 3B; Enumeration District: 190; Image: ., Penn, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania, 2010, ancestry.com.
4. “Pennsylvania, Birth Certificates, 1906-1910 ,” https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&dbid=60484&h=1045678&ssrc=pt&tid=80061917&pid=44413239024&usePUB=true, database online, Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; Box Number: 130.
5. “ Pennsylvania, Birth Certificates, 1906-1910,” database online, https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&dbid=60484&h=4553664&ssrc=pt&tid=80061917&pid=44413239024&usePUB=true, Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; Box Number: 318; Certificate Number: 69086, ancestry.com.
6. “1900 United States Federal Census,” online database, Roll: T623_1499; Page: 8B; Enumeration District: 126., Shafton, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania; , 1900, www.ancestry.com, Shafton, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania.
7. “Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1963,” March 12 1948, Commonwealth Of Pennsylvania, 27176, 28, Online, ancestry.com.
Record of Andrew Stankowich
8. “Estate of Sarah Jane Peters, Penn Township,” #306 of 1948, Westmoreland County, PA.
Last Modified:14 Jul 2018
Created:23 Sep 2018